My kids watched this and LOVED it. They are so excited to try it for themselves!
I am and artist but somehow the idea of this makes me a little nervous. But it does look fun.
Maybe one day... soon....we will see. I may just add lots of dish soap for easy clean up.
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/23hWMvSrZx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>iframe>
Time 4 Learning is an online interactive education program for children (K-8th grade). There is so much Time 4 Learning has to offer I didn't even use it all! It is so comprehensive that you could use it as you comprehensive schooling (at home)! The parent can choose the appropriate level for each child and it keeps track of what they have done and how well the did.
When I explained it to my husband, he thought it was a great idea! His actual words were, "That is great if they can learn, have fun, and it frees you up to do other things that need to be done." I personally think it would be good for the younger kids to do while mom home schools the older kids. But of course it would be a limited time per day.
We used this program as a supplement to our homeschool curriculum. It worked out well for 'quiet time' when the baby was sleeping and I could catch up on something else. Both children were excited to work at the computer and needed very little help with understanding how to play or what to do. The love the animated character that explains everything.
I loved the idea that the kids can get on and they really can't wander out of where they need to be. My children, although they are 3 and 5 seem to find a way of clicking things that mom has to come 'unclick.' I like that you could adjust the level for a specific subject. My 5 year old found the kindergarten level to be too elementary for him. So I switched over to 1st grade level.
There is a parents page where you can view what each child has done. You can get into printable worksheets and more.
My 3 year old girl got such satisfaction from seeing a check mark ofter each 'game' she played. That certainly motivated her to complete lessons.
Although I think quite highly of Time 4 Learning, I would not be able to afford $19.00/month unless it were our primary curriculum. And if it were I think it may be too much time at the computer and too little interaction with mom.
As a fun supplement to homeschool I think it is wonderful!
There really are many more features to Time4Learning that I haven't explained here, so be sure to visit the website and check it out for yourself!
I have been hearing some positive things about Time4Learning computer program for kids. And recently, I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review! Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience.
In the meantime, Check them out!
We made a cute penguin craft after googling 'preschool penguin craft.'
We talked about how the dad penguin is the one who stands over the egg for 2 months in the cold winds to keep the egg warm and he doesn't even eat that entire time! I explained how faithful the father is to do that just to keep his child alive much like our Father in heaven is faithful to watch over us!
TACKY THE PENGUIN BOOK
Then we watched an adorable movie called The Adventures of Scamper the Penguin.
It is so cute and gives true facts about penguins. Then at the end of the movie you can select "Quiz" in main menu screen and the kids can read the questions and click the correct answer.
My kids did this about 5 times even though they are the same questions!
The movie is suspenseful but my 5 and 3 year old could handle it and one of them is pretty sensitive to 'scary' parts. I just told them 'it ends happy but the just have to find a way out of this situation.'
I would love to hear of any of you do this. We had lots of fun with it.
I wanted to discuss this whole homeschooling thing you have called us to. I have a few concerns and would just like to hear from you, you know some kind of confirmation that we should homeschool, that we’re on the right track, because I’m freaking out just a bit. So here’s where I’m at with this whole thing…
1. I’m scared. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. (Deut 31;8)
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. (Matt 28:20)
2. I’m worried about what other people will think or say.Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. (Prov 29:25)
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Prov 9:10)
Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. (Colossians 3:2)
3. I doubt my own ability to teach my kids effectively.…for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. (Philippians 2:13)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
4. I don’t think we can afford it.And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8)
5. How can I take care of my home, family, and daily responsibilities and homeschool?If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 4:11)
And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. (Colossians 3:17)
6. I’m so overwhelmed, I don’t even know where to start!Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. (James 1:5)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God (Philippians 4:6)
7. What about my free time?
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. (Philippians 2:3)
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
8. What if my kids turn out weird and un-socialized?And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:2)
9. What if I lose friends or family because they disapprove?But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. Philippians 3:1-8
10. What about my attitude and, um shall we say lack of patience?Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation”. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me. (Philippians 2:14-18)
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (Colossians 3:12)
…for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. (James 1:20)
11. Um, so are you saying I’m going to be tested? Because we all know how that turns out…My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. (James 1:2-3)
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. (Romans 1:3-5)
12. What if I can’t hack it? I mean it’s always easier said then done!…And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. (Hebrews 12: 1-3)
13. How am I to teach, I don’t even have a teaching degree?These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. (Deut 6-9)
14. Okay, I’m out of excuses, any final advice?But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
and thus began our journey…
This was taken from Confessions of a Homeschooler. Her blog and homeschool ideas are creative, fun, and movtivate me!
We haven't actually started our lesson for this unit but I saw this little project and had to try it. Tomorrow we will begin our study of INSECTS.
Spider Web Treats.
|Place stick pretzels on wax paper in a cookie sheet.|
Place pretzels in a star shape.
|Melt Almond Bark in microwave until soft but not hot.|
Scoop into a plastic bag and cut a tiny hole in the corner of
the bag to squeeze out the melted chocolate.